Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 20 mins Serves: 22
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 born free eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- store-bought frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Then pour the hot coffee into the batter. Mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
« Irish Soda Bread Recipes Crème Brulee »