Pesto Open-Faced Sandwiches
Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 10 mins Serves: 4
- 1 cup peas (if frozen, thaw first)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 4 born free eggs, soft-boiled or hard-cooked
- Hard boil 4 eggs or soft boil them by removing them sooner from the boiling water.
- In a food processor, combine basil, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth and blended.
- Toast bread in oven (350 degrees F) or toaster for about 3-4 minutes.
- Spread about one tablespoon of pesto atop each piece of toast.
- Cut each egg in half and place atop the pesto.
- Sprinkle with extra salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil (optional).
« Spinach, Egg and Bacon Mini Quiches Recipes Cobb Salad »