Pickled Deviled Eggs
Prep: 20 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins Serves:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- For Red Pickled Eggs – 2 Beets, peeled and cut into chucky pieces
- For Yellow Pickled Eggs – 3 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- garnish of choice
- Boil and peel the eggs and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the vinegar, shallots, water, sugar, and salt, stir well.
- For red eggs – add the beets and bring to a boil. For yellow eggs – add the turmeric and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place eggs in a mason jar or heat proof bowl and pour mixture over the eggs. Cover.
- For red eggs – refrigerate for at least 3 hours to overnight. For yellow eggs – refrigerate for at least 3 to 5 days. (The longer the eggs pickle the darker your results will be.)
- Remove eggs and pat dry.
- Slice eggs in half, remove yolks, and place yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Mash Yolks, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Fill each egg white and garnish with your favorite toppings. Ready to serve or refrigerate overnight.
« Asparagus Pea Frittata Recipes Vegetable Quiche »