Poached Egg Avo Toast
Prep: 5 Mins Cooking: 20 mins Serves: 2
- 4 Born Free Eggs
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté garlic, onion and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add hot pepper (if using) and cook another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for eggs) and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until tomato softens.
- Break eggs into pan in 4 places. Continue to cook until bottom of egg is set and white is almost cooked, approx. 8 minutes.
- Cover and cook briefly until white is firm and yolk lightly cooked. Transfer all to serving plate.
« Dutch Baby Recipes Spinach, Egg and Bacon Mini Quiches »