Prep: 20 mins Cooking: 15 mins Serves: 16
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 born free eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil for frying
- Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla and eggs together.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until just combined.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a donut cutter.
- For the glaze, whisk the powder sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 inches of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, gently slide the donuts in, frying the first side until the edges are light browned. Then flip.
- Cook until the other side is lightly brown and dunk into the buttermilk glaze. Allow to dry on a cooling rack.
« Cobb Salad Recipes Pumpkin Muffins »