Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 40 mins Serves: 8
- 2 born free eggs
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; place refrigerated pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Prick sides and bottom of crust with a fork and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix to incorporate all ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract and mix with a stand mixer or hand held mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- With the mixer still running, slowly pour evaporated milk into the pumpkin mixture, beating well.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
« Pumpkin Muffins Recipes Irish Soda Bread »